April 17, 2012
Hey beauties! I thought I organize my pregnancy posts into bi-weekly updates and try to mostly (lol) separate them from the beauty posts this way. I've seen various bloggers do pregnancy updates and I've come up with my own version.
First, here's the growing bump at 21 weeks (5 months and 1 week):
Baby Gender: girl
Total weight gained: 4lbs so far. But my body shape has changed completely! I barely have a waistline anymore and for the first time in my adult life, I feel like my belly's gonna catch up to my boobs!! I still fit into all my clothes (I wear size 8) though.
Baby movements: booo.... I can still not feel the baby move. I saw plenty of movement on my ultrasound but somehow I can't feel her yet. I've heard it's common for first time moms to not feel any movement till week 22.
Symptoms: I have mild backaches which are pretty annoying when I sit at my desk all day. My boss has limited the number of my site visits so I'm a prisoner of my cubicle :( I also need to use the restroom at least once during the night. On the positive side, I've been told I have a great mommy glow and my hair is growing faster and is even fuller than it was before.
Cravings: I finally started to have cravings! I'm liking Pepsi, black Peruvian olives and ice cream these days.
Mood: pretty good these days. I eat and sleep well and have started to plan ahead for the baby. Also we're leaving on vacation this Saturday which I'm really looking forward to.
Accomplished this week:
- the room which will be the nursery is mostly cleaned up now and ready for painting
- I registered for prenatal classes for July
- received all my HR paperwork for mat leave and now gotta sort through them
- signed up for a few online baby coupons and samples
- started serious research for my birth method. Currently reading Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. I'm leaning towards a birth plan with the least amount of medical interventions.
- Bought a couple of cute outfits for baby girl
- My mom and sisters have set my shower date, excited!
To do for the next few weeks:
- Nursery to be fully cleaned and all the office supplied transferred to the basement room
- Pick nursery theme/colour and start painting
- Start the baby registry
- Start researching big items like crib, stroller/car seat, nursery furniture
- I have my midwife appt tomorrow and can get a lot of questions answered
On a random note and just because I don't seem to be able to skip beauty posts, I got my hair highlighted this past weekend. I needed a change real bad. I liked how it turned out and can't wait for my vacation and some tanning for the highlights to show even more!