February 25, 2010

I recently discovered Trincess blog Emerald Sparkle and am loving it! I especially liked the Ruffian inspired nail design she did so I decided to give it shout. I must first say that I've been polishing my nails since I was 6 and I still had never tried any kind of nail design (don't laugh). So this is pretty much my first try.

I had on 2 coats of ChG 2030 already. I used a French tip guide near the bottom of my nail bed, then I painted the rest of my nails with a coat of Misa I will Survive which is an opaque creamy black. Then I layered everything with one coat of Essie's Matte About You top coat.

Here's the result. And yes that's my car's steering wheel, I drive a conventional Civic and I'm proud!
nails1

and more:
nails

How do you think I did?

15 Responses to "Copycat - Ruffian Inspired"

  1. Paige Says:

    Great recreation! Love it!

  2. Caitlin Says:

    I also saw this on Trincess's blog, and want to try to re create it as well! You did a fabulous job! xo

  3. Jen Says:

    wow that's really cool! i would've never thought of that! i never do my nails.

  4. Unknown Says:

    Hi, totally off topic, but what lip color are you wearing in this picture. Looks gorgeous:)

  5. Gold Dusk Says:

    oooh I love this!

  6. Anonymous Says:

    Very cool. I think you did a great job at recreating it!

  7. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Thanks everyone, I thought it was ok for my first try. I really hope to get better at nail design though.

    Jen - you're the opposite of me, I feel naked without nail polish, haha!

    Peace10 - thanks :) it's MAC's Up the Amp lipstick

  8. Arezu Says:

    I love it! I love the colours you used, it reminds me of something off the runway.

  9. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Arezu - thanks :) it was inspired by the fashion week

  10. Clara L. Says:

    That looks amazing! It makes your nails look SO long!

  11. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Thanks Clara. I love this design so much I wanna try it with different colours again

  12. Zerin (XinaRox) Says:

    WOW! I love it and I'm really impressed too. I wish I had long nails like yours so I can do this too. I have fat stubby nails right now. =(

  13. Shayla Says:

    LOOKS AMAZING!!! :D

  14. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Zerin - you should give it a shout, black actually makes the nail look slimmer :)

    Shayla - thanks :) you think I can move on to konading now?

  15. Lurdes Silva Says:

    Olá, estão muito bonitas e originais, bom fim de semana, bjos doces

Post a Comment