February 12, 2012


Hello my pretties! I did some hauling this past week which for once did not include my basics and refills. Thought I share this haul and some quick thoughts with you.

haul

MAC Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook

Admittedly, I had not been to a MAC counter/store in about a year but this collection peaked my curiouseity. It is a pretty large collection too but I came away with a few items that were must haves for me.

mac1

1. Runway Red lipstick (satin) - I know I know, I bought another red lipstick! But honestly I went through my 23 red lipsticks and none are exact dupe for this. It's a blue based red and somehow in between being vampy and retro. Gorgeous shade on me and I would imagine all skintones. Here's a swatch of it comparing it to some of my other reds (my inner arm is NW20):

mac2
left to right: Runway Red, So Scarlet (LE), Port Red (LE), Chanel Precious RA, MUFE #45, Chanel Famous RA (LE)

2. Added Goodness fluidline: I really like MAC fluidlines and the ones offered in this collection are so sophisticated. I purchased Added Goodness, a beautiful shimmery taupe. I don't have any liners like it. It applies soft and pigmented and is perfect for day time.

3. Florida creamblend blush - Now, I was first terrified of all three creamblushes as they are so friggin bright! But my fave SA applied each of them on my cheeks (lightly and buffed) and I fell in love with Florida. It gives me that beautiful flushed/glowy from within look.

And no haul is complete with a little Chanel....

chanel

1. Illusoire Illusion d'Ombre: I had wanted to try these eyeshadows since their release in fall and finally got around to it. The Illusion d'Ombre have an almost spongey texture and are a gel/powder hybrid. They are long lasting, blendable, builadable and have a sophisticated shimmer to them. Illusoire is a purpley taupe, very unique to my collection.

2. Romatique Rouge Allure: I told my Chanel SA that I wanted a more demure lipstick but wanted to stay in my comfort zone of reds and berries. She recommended Romatique and boy was she on point! Romatique is a strawberry red with very smooth texture. It's beyond pretty on and really brings out the rosiness in my skin in a good way. I can see myself wearing this a lot.

What did you guys think of the latest MAC collections? What are some of your fave Chanel items?

11 Responses to "Haul - MAC and Chanel"

  1. Zerin (XinaRox) Says:

    Nice Haul! I really like the cremeblend blushes...they feel so light and gel like. I wished they had more selection though.

    Love that Chanel lipstick!

  2. The Dollymix Diaries Says:

    Great haul! I have runaway red from a previous launch and i love it! I've got the illusion d d'Ombre but in the black shade (forgot the name). Enjoy your goodies!
    x

  3. Unknown Says:

    Hi there!!! I love Illusoire, it was my first Illusion d'Ombre, and you're right: there's no haul without a little Chanel ;)

  4. mybeadifullife Says:

    i love the bright colors of the new cream blushes. they are so bright they are scary! especially at my mac store, the associtaes were all wearing the blushes on really really thick and exaggerated for the new collection. i ordered mine online, i can't wait to get them!

  5. Arezu Says:

    I can't wait to see looks with the Chanel eyeshadow. I haven't heard much about them, and I'm interested in what you think!

  6. LauraMck Says:

    You got such nice products!! I can't wait to try some stuff from the new MAC collection xxx

  7. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Zerin - thanks, I have a creamblend from perm line (Ladyblush) and love it. I like these bolder ones too :)

    Nora - thanks hun, the black and green ones are the next two on my list

    Anne - Illusoire is awesome! Such a pretty colour, Chanel can do no wrong ;)

    mybeadifullife - they are! My SA had to really convince me to try them...I'm glad she did though :)

    Arezu - I tested it today at home, but I will def do a look with it this week :)

    Laura - thanks, hadn't been to MAC in a while so this was a nice treat

  8. Unknown Says:

    Enjoy your goodies!!

  9. Shadowy Lady Says:

    thanks hun :)

  10. Unknown Says:

    I'm having a hard time believing you actually picked some things from MAC. LOL

    The cremeblend blushes are a delight and so versatile. Easily very soft or buildable to bold.

    The Chanel shadow looks delightful. :]

  11. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Thanks Tamara, I know I went back to MAC, at least briefly ;)

Post a Comment