February 2, 2012


Hey guys! I'm still slowly getting back into blogging so please be patient with me while I take my baby steps. Hubby and I spent last weekend in NYC for hubby's best's 30th birthday. My own 30th birthday is this coming Sunday so we were sorta celebrating mine as well.

The guys had booked us a table at "Big Black Pussy Cat" club for Friday night. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the name but the club was just amazing! We were in the Moroccan room and the decor was exquisite withe lush red velvet, gold accents and random angel statuettes. Here are a couple of pics from the night:

1-27/1/12
lounging

2-27/1/12
Hubs and I <3

3-27/1/12
Party-goers

We spent Saturday sight-seeing around midtown where we were staying a block down from the Rockefeller centre. This was my third time in NYC and I must say definitely the glitz and glam dies after the first visit. After that it's all about spending time with friends and dining, lol! We did have a 5-course dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant which was awesome!

I didn't do much shopping this time around, but I did ensure to pick up UD's Naked 2 Palette from one of the Sephoras. I own and love the original Naked and despite the good reviews for Naked 2, up until I saw it in person I was not planing on getting it. But as soon as I saw it, I had to have it! It's a lighter and cooler version of Naked. I find the colours of Naked 2 just work better for me. I've been using mine everyday since I got it.

I snapped some quick pictures for you guys. I didn't swatch it as there are already so many great swatches of it online. I especially like Temptalia's.

ud1

ud2

I even like the packaging for Naked 2 better, it's much more durable. I don't think I'll use the lipgloss or brushes much though. I would have liked to get another duo 24/7 liner like they did with Naked 1.

I would say my favourite shades so far are Tease, Pistol, Verve and Blackout. I'm not so thrilled about Half Baked being included again (even though it's a nice shade) and Foxy (the highlight) is too warm for my taste...pretty much yellow on my cooler skintone.

I used Naked 2 today again for a quick look with Pistol on lid and Tease in the crease. Lined with EL Blackened Brown kajal liner and added MAC Undercurrent pearlglide liner on the lower lashline. I finished with a dusting of Nars Madly on the cheeks and MAC Up the Amp on the lips; simple and quick FOTD:

me1

me2

3 Responses to "NYC Partying Pics + I Got Naked 2!"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Envious.. a 30th in NYC sounds delightful. I'm glad you were able to enjoy friends & food!

    Loving the look you put together, it's very pretty. :]

  2. Dovey Says:

    I'm really favoring pistol now too! It's such a great take on greige :)

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Tamara - thanks love, it was more hubby's bf's birthday :) but NYC is always fun.

    Morbid Angel - Thank you :)

    Dovey - Pistol is gorgeous! It's the one I've worn the most :)

Post a Comment