May 2, 2012
Hi beauties! Another couple of weeks have gone by so thought I do another pregnancy/motherhood update. First things first, here's my almost 23 weeks pregnant bump from this past Friday in Mexico:
Baby Gender: Girl!!!
Total weeks Pregnant : 23 weeks, one day. More than half way there.
Total weight gained: 6lbs as of now. Damn looking at my pic, my usually big boobs are definitely looking tiny compared to my big belly, lol! I still feel great about my body though. No stretch marks and the bump is looking cute. I also still fit into 85% of my clothes :D
Baby movements: I felt her move for the first time last week when we were on our way to the airport to fly to Mexico!! How awesome is that? Since then I feel her flip and kick a couple of times a day.
Symptoms: backache is still a problem after I sit for more than 3 hours. I booked a prenatal massage for early next week to help relieve it. I also have this annoying pain right under my right breast. Anyone had this when they were pregnant?
Cravings: I need my chocolate ice cream every night at around 8. I also been making myself a lot of fruit salads, smoothies and parfaits.
Mood: great! Feeling the baby move is wonderful. I'm still not super connected to her though, I feel like I'm treating her like a project :( I know things will be change when she's born though. I cried when I felt her move for the first time, hubby thought it was cute.
Accomplished these last few weeks:
- Nursery colours and themes are picked.
- We have a first name for our baby girl! Still deciding on middle name though
- Started baby registry. This will take a while to complete.
- I registered for prenatal classes for July
- Have decided on crib and stroller we want. Will pick them up when the nursery is painted.
To do for the next few weeks:
- Ugh I have the dreaded glucose test next week. Any of you guys done it? Was it as bad as they say it is?
- Pick the paint swatches, buy paint and start painting. Room to be done and ready for furnishing by mid May.
- Get my maternity papers signed off by doctor and HR. I'm seeing my family doctor this week for this.
- Book maternity professional photoshoot. One of my friends who's a professional photographer has kindly offered to do this for us. He did my boudoir shots 5 years ago (which was my wedding gift to my husband).
- Start looking for a paediatrician. Never too early for this, who knows how long it'll take....
Alright I think that's it! Hope you guys enjoy your hump day.