October 24, 2012
As if it's already been 2 months since my little angel was born. Time definitely flies and she's growing up by the minute in front of my eyes. Here's a little update on my munchkin:
1. So she started to sleep longer at night. Since two nights ago she's doing 9 pm to 4 am, up for a feed and then up again at 6:30 am for her second feed. We still swaddle her in the Woombie and she seems to enjoy it.
2. She started smiling at us when she was around 5 weeks old and does it much more often now. It's the cutest thing ever! Can't wait till she actually laughs for her momma!
3. She can turn from tummy to back (since 4 weeks) but not the other way around yet.
4. Sofia's still a great napper. She generally takes two 1-2 hour naps and a few 10-30 minute naps per day.
5. She loves being outside with mommy. We go for an hour walk every day and she also enjoys the mall and interacting with people.
6. Sofia now weighs 13lbs which I was told at the Early Years Centre is amazing for her age (she's a bit on the chunky side, lol). She's still exclusively breastfed and it's going well for both of us.
7. She changes sooo much everyday. She still looks mostly like her daddy and has a great caramel skintone. People say her eyeshape and lips are like mine. Right now she also has amber eye colour like me though it may change. My own eyes were green as a baby and later on changed to hazel.
Now a little update on myself:
1. I'm definitely much more comfortable being out and about with a baby. It helps to have a well stocked diaper bag and I'm loving my Bebe Au Lait breastfeeding cover.
2. Having lost all the baby weight since 5 weeks post baby, I've started to slowly add workout to my daily routine. Will be registering for Fit Mamma workouts starting Nov 15th.
3. I have already met so many other mammas just by dropping by Starbucks near me, walking in the mall and checking in at our local Early Year Centre. I never knew having a baby would make meeting people so much easier. I now have an activity booked every single day. Calendar is busier than when I had a demanding job.
That was it for now. I'm thinking of making a post with my newborn baby essentials since Sofia's soon growing out of that phase. Let me know if you'd be interested in something like that.
October 24, 2012