August 9, 2012
Hi guys! A pregnancy update for you for week 37, only about 3 weeks to go!! Didn't have a good belly shot for this week though as I spent most of it napping on the couch. Took this one at my folks place today:
Body/weight: My bump is definitely bigger now and dropped a little bit. As of today, I'm 22 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and still below the weight limit for my BMI (which is supposed to be 25 lb to 35 lbs). All my measurements are still normal though and the baby is healthy. I still have no stretch marks (knock on wood) and sleep throughout the night with no help from extra pillows.
Mood: I'm up and down these days. Hubby's still in the process of advancing his new business and that is taking a lot of his time. But I'm grateful for the time we spend together at home as opposed to him being in an office. I'm still excited to meet my baby and the fear of child birth has not yet hit me. I may be naive but to me childbirth is natural, nothing to get freaked out over.
What's Left to Do: really not much. I've even packed the hospital bag. I'm on mat leave now and mostly relaxing; when the mood strokes though, I read baby books and cook some freezer friendly food for after birth.
Some of the Best Moments as of Late:
- My mom (who's a professional hair stylist) dying my hair today (will post about that later), plus a nice blowout and massage and pedicure she treated me to. I love my mom!
- My sister is in the middle of her exams so her Pomeranian toy puppy is staying with my folks temporary. I get to see him every week now, just look at this face:
- Watching Mad Men Season 5 marathon while hubby massages my feet *heaven*
What I don't like so much:
- People saying "oh, you haven't had your baby yet?" yes smart ass, that's why I still look about 9 month pregnant!!! arghhhhh
- having random anxiety periods about things that could be wrong with the baby and husband's business not picking up :(
- Waiting and waiting...no way to predict labour and I like to be in control of things.
August 9, 2012