May 30, 2011


Hi beauties! I present you another instalment of the tried and true series. I know, it's another lipstick. I can't help it that most of my all time faves end of being lip products, I'm a lipstick junkie at heart!

Chanel Genial Rouge Allure was released with their summer 2010 collection as in my humble opinion is the PERFECT summer lipstick. Genial is an opaque and creamy pinky coral that's bright without being full on neon. I find this shade universally flattering, on me (light medium, cool undertones) it adds amazing warmth and a pop of colour. It also looks gorgeous on both fairer and darker skin girls. I bought this lipstick in April 2010 and wore the heck out of it last summer. I started going back to this year again as soon as we hit the double digit temperatures. Check it out:

genial1

genial2
Nothing like Chanel's classic packaging

genial3
Genial on NW25 skintone

Now Genial might be the perfect lipstick, but it was also sadly limited edition. I have quite a few pinky coral lipsticks in my stash though and the closest I have to it are MUFE Rouge Artist #37 (though the MUFE is bolder) and Nars Niagara (Niagara is lighter and less opaque). MAC Impassioned is much more pink and also more neon, MAC Vegas Volt is a lot more orange. You can see some comparison pics here.

And here's a couple of pics of me wearing Genial this past weekend with a simple face. I have on my trustee Lancome Teint Miracle foundation and Nars Irresistablement Bronzer on my face, MAC Blue Peep f/l and Lancome Hypnose mascara on eyes and wearing Genial on the lips:

me1

me2

What is your favourite summer lipstick?


5 Responses to "Tried and True Series - Chanel Genial Rouge Allure"

  1. JC ♔ Says:

    Gorgeous lipstick! My favorite at the moment are MAC's newly launched Hibiscus, as well as their See Sheer. I'm also loving NARS Niagara.

    I love your blog hon! I found you via Specktra and just had to come over and follow. I love your many fun looks and outfits.

    JC
    www.makeupdiary.org

  2. LJ Says:

    this lipstick looks so fab on you! and it goes perfectly with the blue liner. very awesome! thank you for visiting my blog! ;)

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    JC - thank u so much for ur kind words :) I haven't been on Specktra that much lately. U remind me I should check back more often :)

    LJ - thanks hun. I looove ur makeup looks :)

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hi what foundation Are u wearin n what shade

  5. Shadowy Lady Says:

    This was from last year but I believe I was wearing MAC Face&Body in shade N3, my typical summer foundation

Post a Comment