July 25, 2012

Hello my lovelies! Only 5 weeks to go until my estimated due date. As I get more uncomfortable moving around, I also get more anxious to meet my little bubbah.

Here's my 35 week pregnant bump, starting to finally get very big!

35w

Weight gain/appetite: I've gained 21 lbs as of today. I'm still right on track...but I'm eating quite bit more these days. I eat 4-5 small meals a day and when I'm not eating I'm thinking about food, lol! Still eating very healthy though, only home cooked meals and healthy snacks. I also drink a lot more water than I used to, which I guess it's a good thing. I still have no stretch marks, yey! I hear some people get them later or even after giving birth so I'm not in the safe zone yet :(

Baby Movements: plenty still but I feel them a lot more now and her kicks make me a bit uncomfortable. At my prenatal appointment today, baby was still head down and she's starting to engage which is great!

Exercise: I go for a 30 minute walk every day right before lunch. Twice a week I also go for an hour stroll with hubby. I still attend my prenatal aqua fitness classes once a week and am loving them. Being in water is great when you're far into your pregnancy. My parents have a nice pool so I use theirs when we visit on Sundays as well.

Mood: Generally great despite some bumps in the road (my husband is in between jobs). I'm getting more and more anxious to meet my baby but also trying to enjoy these last few weeks we have just the two of us. I sleep fairly well too for being almost 9 month pregnant which helps with the positive mood.

What I have left to do:
- Pack my hospital bag
- make frozen food once mat leave starts
- stock up on more diapers (I have enough for a month right now)
- read the last two recommended baby books: Mother of All Baby Books and Breastfeeding made Simple. Do you guys have other book recommendations btw?

Baby Stuff: the little princess pretty much has everything she'll need for quite some time. But her mom also got treated to her own gift. This is the diaper bag my office got me as my shower gift. It's by OiOi and I love it! It's huge and roomy and does not look like a diaper bag. And of course I love the polka dots and the fact that it's a messenger style so you can put it on and not worry about having your hands tied up. It also has a second handle which allows you to hold it like a purse:

bag1

The interior is all water proof and washable too. It comes with a changing pad, wipe and bottle holder and has enough compartments to fit all my baby on the go essentials:

bag2

Hope you guys enjoyed this update. Will do another one at 37 weeks :D

4 Responses to "35 Week Pregnancy Update"

  1. Amina Says:

    I am so excited for you!
    can't wait for you to meet your bundle of joy!!
    you look amazing!

  2. _thatsheart Says:

    This post was so precious !!! Congratulations and I wish you all the best!! My close friend is one month away from her due date with TWIN GIRLS! She is at this moment getting Braxton Hicks contractions which make everyone so excited that they're coming soon!

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

  3. Arezu Says:

    So glad to hear everything is going good, I'm actually really excited and happy for you!

  4. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Amina - thanks hun, I'm getting really curious to know what she'll look like :)

    _thatsheart - thank you so much!Twins are so cute, I feel for your friend though...I'm getting so uncomfortable now so I can imagine how much heavier I'd be with twins...

    Arezu - thanks sweetie. I'm litreally counting down the days now

Post a Comment