July 18, 2012

For as long as I remember being into makeup (from tender age of 16), I always loved lipsticks. I started with the brown lipsticks of the 90's, moved on the girlie pinks and nowadays I wear any colour depending on my mood.

I never was a big lip gloss person though, not even in my teens. I like to use lipglosses for layering and seldom purchase "bold" shades of lipgloss (meanwhile I would wear the boldest lipsticks shades I can find). I find with most brighter/darker glosses, there's a tone of "feathering" and fading of the colour even when I do wear a lip liner. So in the end I find bright glosses more fussy than bight lipsticks.

Lately though, especially this hot summer when I cannot be bothered with much makeup, I'm embracing bold shades of lip gloss. One of the very few brand of bolder lipglosses I found works for me is Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. I find this particular gloss doesn't settle into my lipline despite the bolder shades and does not migrate past my lip line. The wear time is not as good as some of my lipsticks, but that doesn't really bother me.

I currently have three of these babies: Emoi (strawberry pink), Triumphal (shimmer pinky red, this one may be LE) and Excessive (bright tomato red):

chanel1

Obviously I adore the packaging! Many beauty brands later, I still think Chanel packaging is the ultimate class. I also love the double ended applicator:

chanel2

Here are some swatches for you, from top to bottom: Emoi, Triumphal, Excessive:

Chanel3

Emoi on my lips:

emoi

Triumphal on my lips:

chanel4

Excessive on my lips:

lips6

If you are a lipgloss lover, do you wear bolder shades? What are some of your favourite brands of bold shade lipglosses? Besides using lip liners, what do you do to prevent migrating of the product when wearing the gloss alone?

3 Responses to "Lipgloss Addicts - Do You Wear Bold Glosses?"

  1. Unknown Says:

    all the col0rs are lovely

  2. Wifezilla Hekela Says:

    Id have to agree with you, Im not a lip gloss gal. I do like to layer it occasionally. But I preffer the bold matte look. These colors are amazing.

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Sue - thanks, have u ever tried any?

    Wifezilla - thanks love. Lipstick is just much easier for me. Lipglosses needed constant re-application

Post a Comment