June 20, 2010

I was doing my makeup today (will be posted tomorrow) when I thought of this discussion post. I know everyone and their entire families posted a blog post about what to do in the summer and what makeup to wear. I wanted to make mine a little different. Rather than saying what everyone should do, I will share my summer routine and please feel free to share yours :)

I definitely go for warmer tones in general in the summer. I'm pretty cliche that way. I tend to favour cool toned, matte and muted shades most of the year so in the summer I go for warm, shimmer and bright shades. I love shades like MAC's All That Glitters, Amber Lights, Bronze, Coppering, Freshwater and Teal pigment as the temperature rises. I also am a couple of shades darker June-September (coz of sunlight and spray tanning) so that is definitely another reason for my change of preference.

As far as my face is concerned, I always start with my beloved Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF45; I have neutral toned and very sensitive skin that burns easily. I also keep my foundation super light in warmer months, I alternate between a water based liquid (MUFE Face & Body) and light mineral powder (Annabelle Mineral). I totally bypass concealer as well. I tend to always wear a bronzer in additional to either blush or highlighter but never all three. In most cases I just stick to a bronzer. I keep a bottle of Evian spray in my car and at my desk to spray as needed.

Last but not least, I stay away from matte lipsticks. I go for either bold and creamy or nude and shimmer shades most of the time. Some of my summer staples are Nars Schiap layered with MAC True Babe l/g (for a super bold summer lips) or MAC's Blankety l/s layered with Nars Risky Business.

So there you have it. Please share our routines too. I love to hear what everyone likes to do with their face in the summer :)

2 Responses to "Summmer Makeup Routine"

  1. Amina Says:

    It is sooo hot that I don't even bother to wear make up. so when I go out, I feel the need to wear everything I own...lol
    skincare wise, I still do the oil cleansing method and wear a light moisturizer

  2. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Amina - I don't bother when it's above 30C which is hardly the case here :P What oil cleanser do you use?

Post a Comment