October 2, 2011
Hey lovelies! I'm back from my vacation and the first thing I did was to go through the many MANY pics we took. I have to say though I had visited Italy (Rome only) as a child of 11, it does not compare to seeing this beautiful country as an adult. I doubt any other land will ever top this experience for me. We stayed in Rome, Florence and Venice and did a tone of sight seeing (average of 12 hour walking per day), dining, wining, shopping. If you are a fan of renaissance art, gorgeous sculptures, top notch wine and pasta, super stylish clothing, sunshine, animated people and last but not least gelato Italy is the place to go :D
I came back refreshed and my mind full of so many beautiful pictures and memories. Here are my top 10 Italy moments in no particular order:
1. Having a gelato per day. My fave flavours were melon, pistachio and amaretto
2. Seeing Duomo and St Giavani in Florence for the first time. My mouth was literally hanging open
3. Standing in front of the statue of Michelangelo's David at Musei dell'Opera. I actually bowed to the master that is Michelangelo.
4. Getting out of the train station in Venice and seeing the Grand Canal with gondola's, taxi boats and Vaporetta''s (bus boats) floating about
5. Strolling on Ponte Saint Angelo with hubby at night. This is the most romantic bridge in Rome, especially gorgeous at dusk or dawn.
6. This is gonna sound cliche, but the expensive Gondola ride in venice was totally worth it. Seeing all the side waterways was serene!
7. The Coloseum was was one of the few sights I remembered from my last trip but it still didn't fail to amaze me. It's giant and it will take your breath away
8. Seeing the tomb of Galileo in Santa Croce in Florence made the hair on my body stand straight. What a genius, born sadly in the most terrible time for science.
9. Basilica di San Marco in Venice is the most beautiful church I've seen in my life. My neck was hurting from staring at the beautiful ceilings. I'm an agnostic but I know a beautiful church when I see one :)
10. Uffizi museum in Florence with works of the best of the Renaissance artist. Every painting and sculpture will leave you in awe.
Anyway, onto some of the pictures I selected for this post. Believe me, this wasn't easy, hahaha! And this is still a picture heavy post!
me looking at the Coleseum ruins in Rome
Standing in the main street of Roman Forums
Inside San Pietro's Basilica at the Vatican. Behind me is St Peter's tomb
Having my first Gelato of the trip in Rome....first of many
Enjoying my huge thin crust pizza at La Motecarlo in Rome
Standing in front of Duomo in Florence
Random sight street in Florence, I fell in love with this city
Enjoying my truffle and mascarpone filled ravioli in the Florence Market...best meal ever!
Hubs in front of Galileo's tomb
Inside Duomo, most beautiful neo gothic church evah!
View of Plazza Ducale from top of San Marco church in Venice
Enjoying another gelato in Venice, no matter where you stop you have a great view
The beautiful ponte Rialto in Venice by night, this is Venice' oldest bridge and the liveliest neighbourhood
Hubby and I on our Gondola about to tour Venice the touristy way, haha
Best view of the Grand Canal from a Gondola
Salute church in Venice, what amazing architecture
Hope you guys enjoyed this post. Will get back to makeup post promptly ;)