May 2, 2011


Hey lovelies! This past Thursday, I attended the Bay Gala which was an evening of checking out new cosmetic products, getting my makeup done at Nars, hauling some pretty items, snacking on yummy finger food, drinking punch and chatting up with my fave SA's.

This is my total haul, plus the freebees I received of course:

haul

At my Nars counter, I had my makeover which was a soft smokey eye and peachy lips using the items from the summer collection. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics (booooo), but trust me, it was perfect. I picked up:

Bolero matte velvet pencil - you know I love the Nars velvet formula so this was a no brainer for me. Bolero is a beautiful warm pink shade and applies effortlessly.

Wonder l/g - Wonder is a semi-opaque red orange lip gloss. This shade makes Bolero bolder and also looks gorgeous on its own and over a warm red lip liner. I also want to pair it with Heat Wave l/s (another summer fave).

Nars
Bolero on the left, Wonder on the right

Dogon Eyeshadow Duo - Dogon is a duo of matte blackened teal and shimmery taupe with slight green undertones. As a fan of smokey eyes, this duo is a must have for me. Both sides are very pigmented and I find the taupe side especially very unique.

Irresistiblement Bronzer - I'm recently leaning more towards matte bronzers so though I still adore Laguna, I picked up Irresistiblement as well. This is a more pink/peach toned matte shade and agrees very well with my undertones. It's also quite pigmented so I need to apply with a light hand.

Nars2
Irrisistiblement on the left, Dogon on the right

Since I had spent over $100 at Nars, they also gave me a gift with purchase. The gift comes in a cute little velvet drawstring bag and includes: half size Super Orgasm blush, half size Jungle Red n/p, mini Orgasm Illuminator, Brightening Serum sample and small samples of their eye primer:

nars free

At Chanel, I checked out the summer collection but nothing jumped out at me. I wanted to see the Morning Glory n/p but they were already sold out. I ended up swatching some of the Rouge Coco Shines and picked up Antigone. I'm not a fan of sheer lip products but I do wear them more in the warmer months. Antigone is a lovely raspberry red shade and looked so juicy on my lips that I couldn't resist.

I also picked up Aragonite Glossimer which was released in the spring. This is one of those multi purpose glosses that look lovely on its own or on top of any of my lipsticks. It's a clear based with a tone of multi coloured reflects, LOVE this!

chanel
Aragonite on the left, Antigone on the Right

Do you guys own any of these products? Hauled any cosmetics products lately? Please share in comments.

3 Responses to "Come to Mama Pretties: Chanel and Nars Haul"

  1. The Dollymix Diaries Says:

    Amazing haul! Everything looks so beautiful. I think i need Dogon!
    xx

  2. Unknown Says:

    You know I live vicariously through your luxury hauls. Everything looks lovely!

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Nora - thanks love. Dogon is my fave item of Summer Nars :)

    Tamara - thanks :) one day u'll join me on the dark side ;)

Post a Comment