May 25, 2011


To celebrate reaching 500 followers, I'm trying to go back to some of the series I used to have in this blog instead of just posting daily FOTD's. One of my favourite activities is cooking, I think I even enjoy it more than doing my makeup. I get home from work, pour myself a glass of Shiraz and get to it. I feel so much more relaxed by the time I'm done. And hubby loves it too, he says everyone envies his meals at his office lunch table.

Today's recipe is a steak salad. I love me some hearty salad as temperature goes up and this one is one of my all time favourites:

salad

You need to cut an English cucumber in very tiny slices (think noodles) and toss with a chopped jalapeno pepper, juice of one lime and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Then add 1/2 of red onion, 8-oz of bean sprouts and 1/2 cup of chopped mint. Toss the salad and add salt and pepper. Grill a 10-oz sirloin steak on the grilles which is marinated with some oyster sauce. Once cooked, cut the steak into thin slices and serve on top of the cucumber salad, voila!

What are some of your favourite summer dishes?

4 Responses to "Recipe of the Day - Cucumber Steak Salad"

  1. sugarbumpkin Says:

    this looks so good! hm if i cooked all the veggies it could be a stirfry...

  2. JC ♔ Says:

    omg! that looks so yummy. i love healthy foods (that IS healthy, right?). haha.

  3. Clara L. Says:

    That looks soooo good! I have been lost on what to make for dinner for the past couple of nights. I'll have to try this! :)

  4. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Sugarbumpkin - lol I guess u could. It won't be a salad then though :D

    JC - it is pretty healthy. I'm very health conscious with my eating so my recipes will always reflect that :)

    Clara - you should totally try it. It's got a kick to it and most ppl love it :)

Post a Comment