December 16, 2009

For my last post of the day I thought I write about my top 5 products of 2009 as we're nearing the end of the year. I must add that these products were not necessary introduced in 2009 but I discovered them this year. It was actually quite hard for me to only pick 5 products but I finally managed.

best

1. Makeup Forever HD Foundation - Shade 118 (Flesh)
I've already reviewed this amazing foundation here, but I really am so happy that I gave in to the hype (it was a "fair" hype IMO) and bought it. My skin has never looked more perfect and I've never gotten so much compliment on it. Just amazing, will definitely run to Sephora and get another bottle when I run out.

2. Lise Watier Portfolio Corrector
Another amazing find for 2009. I've also reviewed this amazing and multi-tasking concealer here, and mentioned that I'm now officially using this everyday instead of my MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer. I'm actually annoyed at myself for not buying this years ago, but better late that never.

3. Nars Desire Blush
I don't need to talk about how pigmented, long lasting and flattering Nars blushes are as I know most beauty addicts/buyers have had experience with these blushes. I personally own three of them and I find that I used the candy coloured Desire the most. It's quite pigmented so I go with a light hand and use a powder blush. This is a must for me now and recommend it to all pink lovers.

4. YSL Rouge Volupte No.1 (Nude Beige)
I heard lotsa raves about the champion of the lipstick world, YSL Rouge Volupte. But the problem was that these lipsticks are about $50 in Canada and I just could not justify the price. Eventually though, I found the one I was lusting after (No.1) in the clearance bin at Specktra and jumped at the opportunity. I must say that I was not disappointed, this lipstick does deserve the praise for best formula, colour selection and longevity. I have many nude lipsticks but this pinky beige is by far the most flattering on me. If you have moolah available, don't hesitate to give YSL Rouge Volupte a try.

5. Orly Smudge Fixer
Another product that has existed for a while but I only came across it this past summer. I've already reviewed the smudge fixer here and gave it two thumbs up. I can be messy with my nail polish application and this product has saved my life. I think Orly Smudge Fixer is a necessity for all nail polish fans.

Have you tried any of these products? Any thoughts?
What are your top 5 products of 2009?

8 Responses to "5 Best Products of 2009"

  1. Shayla Says:

    What a great idea for a post - I might just have to copy it! ;)

    I discovered the HD Foundation too and I love it. I'll have to check into the Orly Smudge Fixer...such a neat idea. And I'm thinking about getting the Lise Watier Portfolio...maybe this weekend after my eye exam :)

  2. Michelle @Lipstickrules Says:

    great post! I have to check out the Lise Watier and HD Foundation still but the others I have and 100% agree.

  3. Pamela Orchid Says:

    Just want to say thank you very much for your tips and advice. I am so impressed with these tips I had to write and let everyone know.

  4. Tish Says:

    Two if the five are on my list the MUFE HD and Nars Blush...my fav is Taj Mahal...still on the search for Plaisir blush :(....and I like Orly polishes but haven't tried the smudge fixer!!

  5. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Shayla - thanks :) I'm glad I've inspired u to buy some nice products, I'm sure u'll find the smudge fixer very useful.

    Michelle - thanks :) Def have a look at both. The combination gives me great skin. Though if u have oily skin, u might wanna stay away from HD.

    Pamela - no problem, I'm happy to have helped anyone in anyway :) glad you liked the post

  6. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Tish - u should try the Orly smudge fixer, especially if u're clumsy like me :D I love HD foundation and Nars Desire is the perfect pink :)

  7. Andee Layne Says:

    Thanks for this post! I have been wanting to try the HD foundation! xo

  8. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Andee Layne - u should def try it, it's my HG foundation :)

Post a Comment