12:12 PM

I have a huge cold sore on my lips so I decided not to post an FOTD today, eventhough I like my makeup :( Thought I spare you the picture of my huge lip :/ Instead, I did this survey I saw in Jacqueline's blog.

How long have you been using MAC?
Since the 2003

What was your first MAC product?
Studio Fix foundation, Goldmine, Freshwater and Mythology e/s

What's your all time favourite MAC product?
I can't choose just one so I'll choose a category. I love...and I'm sure you all know...eyeshadows! Also, Studio Fix Fluid is the best foundation ever for me.

What's your least favourite MAC product?
Their amplified creme lipsticks

Do you own a Pro Card?
No

Your MAC foundation shade?]
Studio Fix Fluid: NW30
Studio Fix Powder: don't use
Mineralize Skinfinsh Natural: Medium Plus

What's your favourite MAC foundation?
Studio Sculpt foundation. I like the gel type consistency and it looks great on my skin. I think SS photographs really well too.

Blusher:
I love MAC blushes, especially their beauty powder blushes. My favourite ones are Stark Naked and Eversun (both LE). I also love the pro blush Cantaloupe.

Powder:
I use MSFN in Mesium Plus. It's great for everyday use and lasts on me all day. I want to try the P+P powder too, just never got around to it.

Eyeshadow:
I love MAC e/s's! I'm a big fan of all of their finishes except for lustres, though I can make the lustres work too. From the perm line, I especially love Clarity, Freshwater, Amberlights, All That Glitters, Humid and Smut

Lipstick:
I love amp cremes! I think I have most of them, lol! The only finish I won't do is Frost, unless the colour is very special. My favourite perm MAC lipsticks are Blankety, Up the Amp, Girl About Town and Ruby Woo. I think MAC's strength is in their lipsticks.

Lipgloss:
I don't have as many lipglosses as I have lipsticks. I do think MAC makes good glosses though. Most of mine are LE with the exception of Nymphette. I've also been through one tube of See Thru and need to get another one. My favourite l/g are Live n Dye and Snowscene both unfortunately LE.

Liner:
I love MAC's fluidlines, especially Delfic (LE).

Brush:
I adore MAC's brushes. I didn't have any MAC brushes until 2007 and I don't know how I managed without them. My fave bruses are 239, 217, 224 and 187

Nail Laquer:
I don't like MAC polishes. Their too expensive for the quality. I had a purple one that came out a long time ago (forgot the name) and gave it away.

Pro Product:
MAC has great Pro products IMO. I especially love the Pro e/s, p/m, reflects glitters, loose beauty powders and some lipsticks (Show Orchid anyone).

Comment on the following MAC product; Have you used them? If so, give feedback.

Prep & Prime Skin:
never used it. Want to try the powder though.

Full Coverage Foundation:
never used it.

Studio Sculpt Foundation:
Loves it! My HG foundation at the moment. The shade NW25 is perfect for my fall/winter skin. I find it too light for my summer skin. On the other hand NW30 is too dark now :/ this is really confusing me.

Face & Body Foundation:
never used it.

Mineralize Satin Finish Foundation:
never used it.

Studio Fix Fluid:
I used to use this till I discovered SS.

Hyper Real Foundation:
never used it.

Select SPF15 Foundation:
I tried this and found it too watery. Still have half a bottle left but need to throw it out.

Studio Tech Foundation:
never used it.

Studio Fix Powder:
never used it.

Studio Stick:
never used it.

Hyper Real Pressed Foundation:
never used it.

Beauty Powder:
I have only two pressed one and the only one I like is Pearl Blossom. I loooove the loose bp's though.

Sculpt and Shape Powders:
Sculpt is my HG contour. Never tried the shaping powders.

Loose Blot Powder:
never used it.

Pressed Blot Powder:
I have this in my purse and use it after the gym. It's the best anti-shine powder I've come across.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:
Love it.

Mineralize Skinfinish:
I don't get the hype over these. I have one, Petticoat and use it a lot. Just prefer the loose beauty powders over these. MSF's are too frosty!

Bronzing Powder:
never used it.

Powder Blush:
I love the sheertone shimmer ones, so gorgeous and buildable.

Blushcreme:
never used it.

Mineralize Blush:
I like these, just not as much as beauty powder blushes. My favourite is Pleasantry, beautiful blue pink.

Gel Blush:
never used it.

Cream Colour Base:
never used it.

Studio Sculpt Concealer:
Loves it. The shade NC30 works great to conceal the red spots on my face right now. I think I need to go a shade down for fall. I love the consistency of these.

Select Cover Up Concealer:
never used it.

Select Moisturecover Concealer:
never used it.

Studio Finish Concealer:
never used it.

Studio Stick:
never used it.

Lip Erase:
never used it.

Tinted Lip Conditioner:
I love Popster, but wonm't buy anymore. I find these a little pricy plus I prefer lipstick on me.

Lipstick:
I already answered this, lol! I love all of them except for Frosts. My preference is for 1) Amp creme 2)Matte 3)Satin 4)Lustre 5)Glaze and 6)Frosts. I wish MAC brought the Mattenes back!

Lipgloss:
I love the lipglosses and lustreglasses. Need to get more perm shades though.

See Thru Lip Colour:
never used it.

Dazzleglass:
I have 5 of these but I won't buy anymore. I love them but they're not worth the price. My fave is Rags to Riches.

Cremesheen Glass:
never used it.

Lip Gelee:
never used it.

Lip Pencil:
never used it.

Solar Bits:
never used it.

Nail Lacquer:
Thumbs down

Shadestick:
never used it.

Paint:
I used and loved these until the paint pots came around. I still have a bit of Bare Canvas and Stilife left.

Paint Pots:
These are amazing! MAC needs to make more of them. Painterly is my HG base.

Eyeshadow:
Love, love love! Please make more VP's and don't DC the Matte2's.

Pigment:
Great colour payoff on these. Prefer them to e/s.

Glitter:
I love the reflect glitters. Haven't tried the other types.

Eye Kohl:
never used it.

Chromaline:
Pure White makes an amazing base. I want to get some of the other colours.

Liquid Last Liner:
never used it.

Lustre Drops:
never used it.

False Lashes:
never used it.

ProLash Mascara:
never used it.

Zoomlash:
never used it.

Plush Lash Mascara:
never used it.

Fibre Rich Lash Mascara:
never used it.

Dazzle Lash Mascara:
never used it.

What has been your favourite MAC collection to date?
Smoke Signals, Cool Heat, Cult of Cherry

Which MAC collection in your opinion do you think was disappointing, if any?
Most of the 2009 ones, especially Hello Kitty!

What products do you think MAC are missing?
Good nail polishes, lol!

2 Responses to "MAC Survey"

  1. Shayla Says:

    That is one gigantic survey! I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing :| But I will!

    Hope your cold sore gets better...those suck!

  2. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Thanks Shayla, I hate cold sores! I know what you mean about the post. It took my whole freakin lunch hour. By the time I finished I didn't feel like reading it to make sure it had no mistake, lol!

Post a Comment