November 25, 2012

Hi guys! You may have noticed that my blog posts have been somewhat sporadic this past week. Truth be told, I've been pretty much under a rock and barely ever turned on the laptop. I saw my doctor on Thursday and apparently I've been suffering from what's known as "post partum insomnia".  I was averaging 1-2 hours of sleep per night....It's a combination of not being able to go to sleep to begin with and only sleeping a couple of hours after that (even with baby sleeping).

Luckily, I have been diagnosed early and it has not morphed into full fledged depression. Right now I'm just taking melatonin which is natural and was finally able to get a good night sleep last night as my hubby was in charge of Sofia's night feeding. I still woke up nearly 5 times for no reason but went back to sleep.

Sofia is really not a bad sleeper; she's typically up once at 2:30 am for a feed and then down again till 6 am and her bedtime is at 8 pm. There are nights she doesn't even wake up at all till 6 am. But my insomnia has more to do with her previous (newborn) night wakings, hormonal and psychological anxiety that some new moms deal with. I have to go in for a follow up with my doctor in 2 weeks but hoping the melatonin will do its magic for now. Anyone else dealt with this even after their babies were sleeping? Apparently it affects one in four women post baby.

Anyhuw, I still did my makeup some of the days in the week. Not sure how I even managed to survive let alone do my face, but I did it. Here's a look from this past Wednesday. Hope you enjoy it and please send good vibes my way. Sleep deprivation is very hard :(

Face
Nars Sheer Glow foundation - Santa Fe
Ben Nye Powder
Chanel Notorious powder
MAC Pink Cult blush (LE - pale pink)

Eyes
UDPP - Base
MUFE #49 - inner and outer lid
MAC Smoke Signals pigment (LE - smoked burgundy) - inner and outer v
UD Verve and Pistole from Naked 2 palette - mid lid
MAC Blanc Type e/s - highlight
MAC Pink Opale p/m (pro) - tear duct
Lancome Black Art Liner
Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara

Lips
MAC Cream Cup l/s
Chanel Blossoms glossimer

me1

me2

0 Responses to "Dealing with Post Partum Insomnia and a Look"

Post a Comment