September 14, 2009

I finally got my hands on Essie's Matte About You top coat that I wrote about here. I've been wanting to try the matte nail polish trend for a long time. I have the worst Trade Secret though, they only got these last week even though I had ordered them since late July. I was waiting for my bottle for so long that I thought I was over mattes already without even trying them, lol!

So I got the call that they had MAY in on Friday and I jumped in my car to get my bottle. I layered it over Orly's Country Club Khaki for my first try. Country Club Khaki is one of my favourite neutrals as it's kind of a mushroom-y colour, much like OPI's Tickle My France-y (another top nude for me). I loooove the affect of the matte top coat. I put on two layers of the Orly, let it air dry and then added a thin layer of the matte top coat. It dried to a satiny finish, not quite matte, but as close as you can get without your nails looking like a chalkboard. I seriously keep staring at my nails and touching them, they feel so freakin smooth. The top coat dries within seconds so make sure you definitly put on a thin coat and work carefully. It will look weird if you try to put on two coats of MAY.

I'm so glad I bought this top coat! It's the easiest way to try the matte trend as you can turn any of your nailpolishes (doesn't have to be Essie) into a matte one for $10.95 CAD. Here's the result of my experience:

essie

3 Responses to "Essie Matte About You Experiment and Review"

  1. Paige Says:

    Isn't it great? I love MAY!!!

  2. Shayla Says:

    I must get this!!!

    I think it'll make the polishes last longer than the matte ones, too...since you can throw it on over your normal polish :)

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Gildedangel - I know, I keep touching my nails, they feel soooo smooth

    Shayla - That's what I heard too. I will report on its staying power soon :)

Post a Comment