March 3, 2011

Hey lovelies! Remember when I used to have regulat Thursday blog polls? Yeah me neither! That's how long I haven't been doing polls! But I decided to bring my polls back and try and post at least one topic per month. And today we have our first poll of 2011.

I was shopping this past weekend when it occured to me, I tend to always go for a selected number of colours. Most of my closet consists of black, white, red, flesh tones and light blue or lavender clothing. As we get older, we get a feeling for what shades work with our colouring and our lifestyle. For me, my ultimum power shade is red. I always fall for crimson pieces of clothing right away. I must have at least 10 red dresses from light berry reds to traffic stopping blood red pieces. I have light to light medium skin with peachy undertones and my hair is usually either chocolate brown or burgundy. Shades of red happen to bring out the best of my features. Here's a sampler:

red1
In a Bedo raspberry dress

red2
Marciano by Guess mini

red3
Le Chateau laced border dress

red4
Backless Guess by Marciano berry dress

red5
Fiery red dress by Mango

What do you consider your power colour? Please share in comments.

5 Responses to "Blog Poll - What is Your Best Colour?"

  1. Mama Laura Says:

    Red definitely looks amazing on you!

    When I was blonde, I used to hear that red was good on me. I'm not sure if that applies when I'm brunette. I know I feel best in black and gray though. I just feel chic!

  2. Unknown Says:

    i usually go for darker colors, i dont know why .... i do love purples though, from lavender to plum! ... love that last fiery red dress! work it!

  3. Straight Up Glam Says:

    Wow the Bedo dress looks fab!! Red looks very nice on you!

    My power color... hmm... I don't know. I still find myself gravitating towards anything black when I'm in a store. Having worked for MAC I guess I just got into the habit. I'm bored of black now though!
    I do love wearing neutral tones such as beige, khaki, brown, gray... I have more of an olive undertone and I think those suit me best. I need more *non black* clothes asap!

  4. Anonymous Says:

    I love your style. Green and orange look very well on me.

  5. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Mama Laura - I actually think red is best suited to brunettes, I think u'll look hot with a red dress ;)

    Ev - thanks love. Purple is a great colour. I need more purples in my life

    Andree - i know what you mean. Black is a classic but after wearing for a while it can become blah. When did u work for MAC?

    Anon - thanks hun. Orange and yellow are two colours that don't work on me :( I'm so sad too coz i like bright shades

Post a Comment