March 27, 2011

Happy Sunday everyone! Here's another edition of my top 5 nail polishes. This one focuses on "traditional" colours; red and pink. It may sound boring to you but in my opinion red and pink are the best shades for nail polish. They look good on everyone and you can wear them all year long. Here's a list of my faves:

1. Top 5 Red Nail polishes - sultry reds will forever have a place in my heart. Just like red lipstick, I tend to accumulate a lot of red nail polishes. I never have enough as in my opinion red goes with everything!

red
Essie Laquered Up - bright tomato red, I looove this for spring!
Essie Fishnet Stockings - This is a deeper sexy red, just like the name suggests. There's a swatch of this shade here.
OPI Dutch Tulip - Pinky red, very pretty and reminds me of Chanel Cambon Rouge Coco. You can see my NOTD here.
OPI Malaga Wine - My all time fave nail polish, this is my third bottle of this blood red shade.
Color Club Fast Woman - this burgundy red is hands down the sexiest red shade in my stash. Perfect for the fall/winter season.

Top 5 Pink Nail Polishes - The first nail polish my mom ever gave me was a light seashell pink when I was 5. That's how long I've actually been painting my nails! I love the simplicity of pink from light mod pinks to bright pop of strawberry pink.

pinks
OPI Mod About You - this is an unusual but HOT shade of pink, very light but opaque pink.
OPI Strawberry Martguerita - My go-to pink all summer long, awesome formula too! Check out my NOTD here.
China Glaze Strawberry Fields - This medium pink infused with golden shimmer in a glass finish just makes me happy. My fave China Glaze nail polish of all time!
Color Club Ultra Violet - this is more of a violet pink with blue reflects; very unique and very petty. I'm wearing Ultra Violet here.
Zoya Bijou - This is a warmer pink and looks awesome on toes. Another one of those shades that just make you happy. See my NOTD here.

What are some of your favourite nail polishes in these two colour categories?

3 Responses to "My Top 5 Polishes - Reds and Pinks"

  1. Straight Up Glam Says:

    Great picks! I love Strawberry Fields, too! I don't have a favorite red nail polish. Well, not a true red, anyway. I really like China Glaze Sugar Plums though as a deeper red for the holidays.
    As far as pinks go, they are my all time favorites! I love Sephora by OPI Techno Girl, and Chanel Pulsion! I might do a favorite pink polish post soon, as there are many more! =D

    Andrée xx

  2. petrina Says:

    OPI dutch tulip looks gorgeous - i'm looking for a pink just like that!

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Andree - I can't wait to see ur post too. Try Dutch Tulip if u don't wear true reds. It's more of a pinky red.

    Petrina - Dutch Tulip is one of my all time faves. It looks gorgeous especially this time of the year :)

Post a Comment