March 21, 2011

Hey lovelies, hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I've decided to show you my top 5 nail polishes in various colour categories starting today. I was inspired to do this when I was going through my nail polish stash yesterday. I didn't even count the polishes, just reorganized them for the season. I remember the last time I counted them was 2 years ago and I had 90 bottles :/ and obviousely many more have been added since, I think the number is closer to 150 now. I just loooove nail polishes though; I change my nail colour everyday to reflect my mood. I can go without makeup but naked nails means naked me, lol!

For the first installment of favourite polishes, I have chosen my top 5 vamp, nude and gray/taupe polishes. All shades are described from left to right (in the picture).

1. Top 5 Vampy Polishes - vampy shades are by far my favourite colour of nail polish and hence fall is my fave nail polish season. I consider anything dark vamp, lol! So this category is multi-coloured, but all with a somber mood.

vamps
OPI Yes I Can Can - my all time most worn dark nail polish. There's no dark burgundy like this cream finish perfection.
Zoya Casey - The most gorgeous super dark burgundy brown. Looks gorge with my skintone.
Essie Sexy Divide - this is the dark purple perfection. Slight shimmer and smooth application; I have an NOTD here.
Chanel Paradoxal - this is more of a trendy gray purple. Very unique and always a conversation starter. You can see my NOTD here.
Orly Galaxy Girl - Another non-traditional vamp. This is a dark red brown with blue reflects, as seen in this post. Gotta love Orly's nail innovation.

2. Top 5 Nude/Natural Polishes - the nude and neutral shades are forever classy. I prefer the more unique ones that have a hint of taupe, gray than the band-aid look.

nude
OPI Time-less is more - this is actually a pale white, not a chalkboard shade. The name perfectly describes the colour. Click here to see my swatch.
American Apparel California Topper - This is a gorgeous gray toned nude. Lovely in all seasons.
$OPI - Going Nude, eh? This is similar to the APP but warmer and lighter.
OPI Tickle My France-y - My all time most worn nude, what an elegant and ladylike shade.
Orly Country Club Khaki - lovely lovely light taupe nude. Excellent application.

3. Top 5 Gray/Taupe Polishes - this types of shades has been trendy since OPI released You Don't Know Jacques with their France Collection back in 2008.

taupe
Color Club Jewel of a Girl - My go-to light gray. Since I own a lot of gray clothing, this gets used a lot.
Color Club Snakeskin - a warmer and deeper gray, bordering taupe.
OPI You Don't Know Jacques - you probably all own this, if not you should! Def an OPI classic by now.
China Glaze Ingrid - I adore this dark taupe because of the tiny gold flecks. Looks amazing when the sun hits it. See here for swatch.
MAC Earthy Harmony - the perfect "conservative" colour that is still trendy. Click here for my swatch.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post. I will post the rest of the colours in sequence this week and the next. What are some of your fave polishes in colour categores listed?

0 Responses to "My Top 5 Polishes - Vamps, Nudes and Grays"

Post a Comment