March 23, 2011

Hey lovelies! This is part #2 of my top 5 nail polishes organized by colour categories. Hope you Enjoy this post!

1. Top 5 Blue Polishes - I included anything from light blue to navy in this section. Blue nail polish is one of my favourite colours to wear and I think blue is a shade that works with all skintones.

blues
Misa Pour me Something Tall and Strong - gorgeous neon medium blue, excellent summer choice.
China Glaze Caribbean Blue - This is prob my most worn blue polish, beautiful light blue with micro gold shimmer.
China Glaze Frost Bite - This is a deeper bright royal blue, my hubby's fave shade of nail polish on me. See a swatch of the Rally blue here.
Zoya Crystal - Crystal is more of a teal blue and it has silver and gold, absolutely beautiful! See my swatch here.
OPI Russian Navy - This is a classic navy, it has hints of purple and is soooo chic!

2. Top 5 Green Polishes - I must admit, unlike many nail fanatics, green is not a colour I like to wear on my nails. I do wear it but I'm picky! I only go for darker greens and avoid anything grassy or yellow toned (yellow clashes baaaad with my cooler undertones).

greens
OPI Jade is the New Black - This is the perfect medium green, not all yellow toned, lol! Have a look at my swatch here.
Misa Grass is Greener on the Other Side - Neon medium green, I only wear this on my toes.
Misa Toxic Seduction - This is a beautiful shimmery forst green, application is excellent. One of my fall faves and absolutely sexy. Check out my swatch here.
Zoya Edyta - Edyta is a deep olive green with beautiful micro gold shimmer. I adore this one!
Zoya Envy - I love that Envy is super dark yet distinctly green and not black, even indoors.

3. Top 5 Purple Polishes - oh how I love purples! I have a preference for lilac toned ones. Either way this category took me a while to decide on. I tend to buy a lot of purple nail polishes.

purples
American Apparel Dynastie - My favourite purple hands down! Gorgeous light purple with cream finish.
OPI Parlez Vous OPI? Dusty light purple again with a cream finish. I'm on my second bottle!
Color Club Wild at Heart - This is how holos should be done. With a purple base and tones of fine silver shimmer. Check out my swatch here.
Orly Cashmere Cardigan - This is more of a perwinkle shade, it screams spring to me. Excellent formula and you can see a swatch of it here.
OPI Louvre me Louvre me Not - My fave red toned purple. OPI does great purples, every single one I have is a hit.

What are some of your favourite nail polishes in these three categories?

4 Responses to "My Top 5 Polishes - Blues, Greens and Purples"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Hey sweetness!
    My fave blue one is Chanel Blue Satin. And my fave purple is by Barry M.
    I do not have any green nail polish yet, I am afraid...
    XOXO
    Catanya

  2. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Catanya - ooh Blue Satin is gorgeous! I must own it. I was scared of greens too at first, but now I wear it sometimes. Try darker greens as opposed to the bright ones :)

  3. AdVintage Star Says:

    I just ordered Zoya Breezi....I haven't even gotten it yet and I'm sure I'm in love with it!!!!!!

  4. Shadowy Lady Says:

    adVintage Star - what's Breezi like? Is it a light or dark blue?

Post a Comment