12:15 PM

July 5, 2010

I've grabbed a couple of new Nars items last week and have fallen in love with them already. If you have been following this blog for a while, you know of my love affair with the brand. I'm head over heels in love with their foundations (both sheer glow and matte), blushes, eyeshadow duos, lipsticks...the list goes on. Nars is a pricier brand but I find that the quality of their products make it totally worth it for me.

First beloved purchase of late was Roman Holiday lipstick ($24). This particular lipstick has been on my "want" list for the longest and I finally purchased it. Roman Holiday is a cool toned baby pink, it's on the sheer side but buildable. It looks great against my neutral to cool skintone (normally NW25, darker with my tan perhaps NW30). I find this is an easy shade to wear for me, it pairs with most eyeshadow combinations quite well.

pinks
Left to right: MAC VGVI SE, Nars Roman Holiday, MAC Cream Cup

The second new HG status item is Nars e/s single in Bali ($23). I would describe Bali as a dark matte taupe. Depending on what you pair it with, it can look more brown, but it's definitely a "cool" brown. I have a "thing" for anything taupe so this was a great addition. Bali is also insanely pigmented. I only need a light sweep to get awesome colour payoff. In the swatches below, I only did one layer of Bali and 2-3 layers of the MAC shadows I compared it to. Bali is my first Nars single and I'm loving it. I have about 10 of their e/s duos and I think I might have to grab some more singles :D

taupe
Left to right: Nars Bali, MAC Embark, MAC Smut

Do you own any of the two products reviewed above? What are some of your favourite Nars eyeshadow singles?

4 Responses to "My New Nars Loves!"

  1. BRosa Says:

    Oh, come on Saadeh, I don't own those products but now I want to! LOL =P

    Bali looks amazing. I agree, NARS is very high quality and I have to say, their blushes are my fave.

  2. Michelle @Lipstickrules Says:

    I 'forgot' i had Roman Holiday lipstick! Gorgeous gorgeous. I want Bali now though!

  3. Arianne Says:

    Oh that matte taupe is divine! Want want want!

    I own the NARS eyeshadow in Night Porter. It's a really dark golden green that I picked up at Christmastime last year. I love it. :) So creamy.

  4. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Beda - lol, sorry for enabling :)

    Michelle - hahah, u know u have too many lipsticks when...Bali is gorge!

    Arianna - I need Night Porter, I shall pick it up soon. Bali is supremely pigmented, you won't be disappointed :)

Post a Comment