August 29, 2009

Well, we had a pretty cool and rainy day today with a high of about 12 deg. I got inspired to do a more fall type look with dark lips. I used to wear dark lipsticks all the time as a teenager, I was a big fan of the whole goth look. You probably are laughing but yeah, i had the dark lipstick, black nail polish, big buckled booties and wore rings on all my fingers...big chunky ones, lol! I still think of my teenage years everytime I do dark lips.

I'm also trying another shade of MUFE HD sample. I went back to sephora to get re-matched as the 125 ended up too red in natural light. This time the MUA looked at me up and down and told me that I'm absolutely a 118!! I was like, are you sure, I think 118 is too light! So he put both 118 and 123 on my jawline and told me maybe 123 is better now but 118 is my natural tone :/ Anyway, long story short, I took both samples with me.

Here's my dark fall look. Sorry there's no closeup, as I was saying it was dark and raining all day long. Oh, and I wore this look to go eat sushi, haha!

Face
SSC NC30
MUFE HD 123 - what do you think of this shade on me?
Sculpt
Pleasantry mb

Eyes
Painterly p/p - base
Illegal Cargo e/s - inner 1/3 lid
Copperplate e/s - mid 1/3 lid, lower lashline
Plumage e/s - outer 1/3 lid, crease, lower lashline
Blanc Type e/s - highlight
Blacktrack f/l

Lips
Kirsch l/s
Jampacked l/g

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 Responses to "Dramatic Fall Inspired"

  1. Marce Says:

    LOL I can't imagine you with dark everything! But the lips look great, you can really pull them off. I'd never be able to wear anything too dark...I think! Maybe I should play a bit more. :D

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hey hun! Its Ziya from Specktra..
    I don't really know about this shade..maybe because I'm just used to seeing your pics with your old foundation but something looks off. I think you mentioned your more cool toned and this to me, looks a touch golden :D you still look amazing though! cant wait to whip out my dark fall lippies :P HTH

  3. maya Says:

    That is a gorgeous look! Red lips look really good on you!

    The MUFE HG foundation looks like a perfect match!

  4. Hannah Says:

    SNAP! I love this look---ah-freaki-mazing!!!!

  5. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Marce - I know, my style has evolved I guess. You can pull off dark stuff, it depends on attitude :)

    Ziya - hey hun so nice to see you here :) Yeah it looks a lil yellow to me too. The MUA was saying that my face is pink but my neck is golden so I should match my neck, I dunno :/ I'm still having difficulties with foundations

    Maya - thanks, do you rock the dark lippies in fall too? It's one of the things I love about fall :)

    Hannah - thanks girlie :) I'm glad you liked this. I had missed my Kirsch

  6. maya Says:

    I do love me some red lipsticks in fall and winter!! :)

  7. Shayla Says:

    I'm a closet goth, too! Good to see I'm not alone, hahaha...

    By the way - LOVE the look! I want to see you doing more dark/dramatic lips!

  8. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Maya - dark reds are just gorge for fall/winter. I'm sure you look amazing wearing them :)

    Shayla - I always liked the dark look, but kinda put it aside as I started university and then my career. I still really feel the dark lipstick sometimes. Can't wait to get Night Violet and do more dark looks :)

Post a Comment