January 19, 2010

I started lining my eyes when I was about 15 using a super thin liquid liner from a European brand I cannot remember the name of. Since I started with the most difficult form of eyeliner, using gel and pencil liners became a breeze for me. Since I discovered the gel liners namely MAC's fluidlines, Bobbi Brown's gel liners and Stila's Smudge Pots, I totally forgot about my first eyeliner love, the liquid liner. I also was too lazy to bother with the thin and soft brushes that usually come with liquid liners. Until I saw the Smashbox Heartbreaker collection and this:

smashbox

The liquid liner included with the heartbreaker is about the same size as your average pencil liner and is very slim. It has a sturdy felt tip which looks like this:

tip

The felt tip makes lining of the eyes a breeze. I have been using this eyeliner pretty much everyday since I bought it last week. It makes my cat liner application a breeze. This eyeliner comes only in shade black and has a tiny hint of shine when applied. It's quite opaque in one swipe which is a bonus. On me, the liner lasts all day and through my workout. It's however quite easy to clean messy application with a q-tip.

I cannot think of any cons for this product. Except maybe the price which is $28CAD, but I still will happily buy another when I run out. I do hope that this liner stays as part of the permanent Smashbox line.

Here's a quick swatch I made for your guys:
swatch

Anyone else tried this liquid liner yet? Thoughts?

6 Responses to "Samshbox Heartbreaker - A Liquid Liner I Love!"

  1. Alisa Says:

    You should try the liquid liner by Joe Fresh. It's the exact same pen style and is only $6! I love it, wear it almost every day.

    http://www.joe.ca/en/bath_beauty/products/eyes/

  2. Shayla Says:

    How does this compare to MAC's Penultimate? I've been interested in a pen-style black liner for a while...

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Alisa - thanks for the suggestion. How's the wear of the Joe liner? Does it survive workouts?

    Shayla - I honestly don't have the MAC one to compare. I've heard from many ppl that the MAC one is not very long lasting. Even my fave MA told me that wouldn't be your best option if you want the liner in place for over 6 hours

  4. Alisa Says:

    I've had great luck with the Joe liner. I put on my make-up at 6:30am this morning, it's 7pm now and it still looks fantastic, hasn't even budged. I don't even set it with a black shadow or anything.

    As for workouts, this body hasn't been in a gym for far too long! I can't say how it would last but hey, for six bucks it's worth a try!

  5. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Alisa - you're right, for $6 it's worth a try. I will check it out next time I'm at the Superstore :)

  6. Shayla Says:

    Thanks, Saadeh - good to know!

Post a Comment