March 4, 2010

One of my favourite purchases of February was Stila's Jewel Palette that was released with their spring collection. This is an glimmering/shimmering palette of 4 colours:

Gold Topaz - a golden champagne colour
Black Diamond - a black shade with small silver glitters
Rose Quartz - a medium rosy pink
Amethysts - a dark grayed shimmery eggplant

stila1

Description of Jewel from the Stila website: "The Jewel Eye Shadow formula creates a glistening wave of color that glimmers and sparkles across your lids like no other to give your eyes a brilliant, sequin-like reflection.The eye shadow shades provide buildable color that evenly glides onto your lids. The perfect blend of pigment and pearl delivers a weightless feel on the eye, leaving lids glamorous and glistening."

First impression was that this palette is tiny! I would say each shade is probably half the size of a MAC eyeshadow. The texture of these eyeshadows is different from anything I've ever tried. They look harder in the pan but go on smooth, creamy and pigmented. They last over 10 hours on my lids without creasing (I always use Painterly p/p as base) and have an almost liquid glimmering look once applied. I honestly have never seen any product like these eyeshadows. I would say Stila totally nailed the shimmer/glitter trend but stepped it up even more as unlike MAC MES, I experienced no fallout whatsoever with these colours.

I love all four colours as all four apply beautifully and can be mixed matched with each other or with other shades in my stash. I would say Gold Topaz is my fave though, I can totally see myself wearing it as a light wash on my lids; a neutral colour with tones of character.

If you haven't got this palette yet, I would suggest at least checking it out next time you're in Sephora. It's been quite some time I've been this impressed with eyeshadows and I truly feel that Jewel palette is a unique and beautiful product.

Here are swatches on my NW25 arm with no base:
stila2
Left to right: Black Diamonds, Amethysts, Rose Quartz, Gold Topaz

Have you seen/tried Stila Jewel palette? What are your thoughts?

6 Responses to "Stila Jewel Palette Review"

  1. Tina Says:

    I must say I did not like this palette. The eyeshadows are so tiny for the price and I when I swatched them I barely got any color payoff...just chunks of skarkle. But I'm not a fan of glitter so who am I to judge Stila? : )

  2. Michelle @Lipstickrules Says:

    So pretty!

    Michelle
    xx

    p.s. just tagged you on my blog

  3. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Tina - I must say ppl wouldn't like this palette if they don't like glitter :) it's an ultra shimmery/glittery product after all. I'm a glitter fiend so it was right up my alley

    Michelle - thanks for the tag :) I should do a look with this palette this week

  4. Fiona M Says:

    I am so jealous that this palette worked out for you. When I tried it with my usual base (MAC Paint in Bare Canvas), I got major fallout. I was so upset, because I love love loved the glitter and the colors. So glad it worked for you though! I returned mine, but maybe I should try again with a different base...

  5. Shayla Says:

    I passed on this one (even though I was lemming it before) because it just didn't catch my attention in person. And the shadows are so small :|

  6. Shadowy Lady Says:

    Scarlet- really? I use my usual Painterly and had no fallout, I tap the brush though, I don't drag at all.

    Shayla - hehe, I guess I'm the one who loved this palette though. I didn't care it was small coz I thought the texture is very unique and also the colours are super pigmented :)

Post a Comment